FAQS: Keratin Treatment
What is a Keratin Treatment?
It is a treatment to hydrate, repair, restore and strengthen the hair fiber. It does not smooth, just replenishes amino acids, vitamins and keratin to hair.
Few people know, but keratin is a protein composed of 18 amino acids and it is the main component of hair: can form 95% of hair structure and it is part of hair cuticle (outer portion) and cortex (internal portion).
The results of a Brazilian Keratin Treatment are a nourished, soft, shiny and frizz-free hair. Whether for hydration, recovery or smooth effect, keratin treatments remain the most sought after by women worldwide.
How to use
Keratin treatments can be of various types, but there are some common steps of application:
- Wash hair with an anti-residue shampoo. It will leave hair completely clean for keratin
- Remove the excess of water with a towel
- Apply the Keratin on fine strands with a brush
- use a thermal cap and let Keratin works on hair for 10 to 40 minutes
- Do not rinse it, except if it is a very fine or oily hair
- Blow-dry with temperature moderation
- For best results use an iron over thin strands
- Wait from 24 to 48h to wash the hair
- To maintain the best Keratin Treatment effects, prefer to use only salt-free products
Go to Keratin Treatments